WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Comments

... and all this time, I thought I was alone! Thanks for sharing!
    Amen!!!! Thanks for sharing!!
    11) I reflect on every meal I cook deciding if it would be worthy of the trail.....every GORP recipe catches my eye.

LOL...thanks for sharing!
    These are great, Teach; thanks for sharing!
    Fear has a valid funtion. As long as it doesn't paralyze you or lead you to make mistakes, it is a good thing. There are a lot of folks who have simply disappeared because they didn't listen to that primal voice.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't actually to to get you." - Unknown

I'm not usually panicked about people in the woods, until it gets dark...
    Wow... you are an amazing writer!! That's the most interesting journal I've read in a long time. I cannot believe all the twists & turns to make for a very eventful day!! HOW FUN!!
    Of course you felt comfortable we're all family glad you had such a great time glad you met up some of the members here
    Yeah Buddy! Ice cream...a hole half gal all to yourself..not bad snack time...sounds like you guys had a great time...wonderful! Way to go Teach!
    Very different....and so much BETTER! I know also that quite a few folks out there would gripe about how "crowded" it was, but the largest part of our enjoyment of the trip was meeting all the different hikers. Beautiful views, fun rocks, great people....seriously, can you beat that?
    glad you had such a great time!trail is a bit different than the internet ,no?
    Quote Originally Posted by coach lou
    If you have any snacks left over, I can meet you on I-95, so you don't have to take them ALL the way back to Little Rhody!
    I'd have tossed some to you near the Old Saybrook exit, but we did in fact run out....imagine that.
    Hey you made it...loving all the pictures, you guys sure did do a lots of hiking!
    @Hikerboy....fun is the plan, thanks!

@Coach...what kind of snacks did you have in mind? I could arrange to drop some off on our way back through CT.....I'm SURE I won't eat them all, though I can't speak for Snacktime....

@Rocketsocks....we'll be hanging out in Hamilton Twp for the next couple of days, reading up on my Jersey lore...gotta get ready for my "guide" responsibilities on the Batona!
    If you have any snacks left over, I can meet you on I-95, so you don't have to take them ALL the way back to Little Rhody!
    have a great time.
    Be careful out there, supposed to be real windy today, and above all else....have a great time!
    Well, we'll be at Springer in 2014, probably around mid-April. If you're starting around that time and your grandson is with you, perhaps we can share some miles and the boys can experience the wilderness together. Glad you liked our post.
    Great post. I would like to do my thru-hike in 2014 and have my Grandson (age 12) join me for a week somewhere on the trail.