WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

My wife and I are planning to thru hike the AT in 2017

Helping my wife with her bucket list. Surviving and thriving with diabetes. Accomplishing more together than we could on our own. I can't believe we are actually planning to do this!!

1. Body adapting to activities.

by , 04-01-2014 at 04:42 (My wife and I are planning to thru hike the AT in 2017)
    It’s taken a few weeks but my blood sugars seem to have adapted to this change in activity. At least diabetes and I have found a rhythm that is starting to work. It is so easy to want to NOT do anything to change your diabetic routine because it ALWAYS throws your blood sugar control off at first. Eventually though you will find a way to make it work but change is never easy with diabetes.

My doctor gets upset by my lack of variety in my meals. When you find what works for you, you ...
  2. A little background info....

by , 03-22-2014 at 06:10 (My wife and I are planning to thru hike the AT in 2017)
    A month and a half ago, my wife, Karen and I, did a 4 mile trail hike. I noticed that she "lit up" while walking in the woods. We got to talking, like we always do, and she said that she always wanted to hike the Appalachian Trail.

Five years ago I started running again. After 20+ years of couch surfing I completed my first marathon 4 years ago and then did a sprint triathlon and finished my second marathon in November of 2013. I WAS planning on an Iron Distance Triathlon ...