WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Kaptainkriz

1. Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail Video

Finally got a good video put together of the 1st couple days of our hike:
  2. Completed Mount Washington via Ammonoosuc

We had a perfect weather window for this trip, with 8AM temps in the 50s at the Ammonoosuc trail head and highs in the mid 60s at altitiude. The Ammonoosuc started off pleasant enough and was a very enjoyable hike to Gem Pool around the 2 mile mark. We bagged a neat geocache at the pool and ate a quick snack there. The last mile to the hut was very challenging for us, having not hiked in a long time with only a few warm up hikes in VA and MD over the last month. Lots of steep rock scrambles, a ...

Updated 09-25-2015 at 10:56 by Kaptainkriz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Watching the Cog at the base of Mount Washington

Having a little fun the day before our hike. Was blowing over 80mph up top today.
    Hopefully better tomorrow.

Updated 08-31-2015 at 23:43 by Kaptainkriz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Packing for Mount Washington via the Ammonoosuc

I've got my mess down to about 25lbs and "Marvin's" down to about 12. I ended up with most of the clothing in mine, outer layers, and the electronics. Hers has the essentials, snakage, water, and sleep. Once at Lakes of the Clouds Hut we'll redistribute to the smaller pack for a single pack day summit.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	430 
Size:	414.9 KB 
ID:	31784
  5. Sierra Designs Discovery 30

Got this pack as a lightish/smallish auxiliary daypack and/or for my wife (trail name TBD...but I have one in mind that's not approved) to carry as a primary. Got it on closeout from REI for around $80. I've carried it a couple of times and it's cool and comfortable. The belt is very supportive and straps have lots of adjustment. Even has an integrated pop out rain cover.
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	415 
Size:	594.0 KB 
ID:	31693Click image for larger version. 

Views:	388 
Size:	609.9 KB 
ID:	31694
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast