WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Awesome Blue Blaze near Blackrock Summit, Hut, and Spring - Shenandoah National Park

I'm continuing to creep my way south though SNP on the AT. I might actually get it done this year. LoL. This is one of the better hikes along the Appalachian Trail I've had in Shenandoah National Park (at least everywhere North of here). The blue blaze loop around the falls is well worth it! Starting at the Doyles River Trail parking lot at Skyline Drive mile post 81.1, I followed the Doyles River Falls Trail south past the upper and lower Doyles ...

Updated 11-23-2017 at 10:14 by Kaptainkriz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Get your Zen on! South River Falls - SNP AT

3. Hightop Mountain, Hut, and Springs - Appalachian Trail - Shenandoah National Park

This was a great hike in the Shenandoah National Park, from South River Picnic Area to Hightop Hut. It is approximately 13 miles round trip and has a couple persistent uphill sections of climb.
    As usual, I’ve posting some videos showing the trail, the shelter, legal campsites along this section of trail, and more importantly (to me) the springs. 😊
    The Hightop Hut is a fairly standard 3 sided structure with an internal mezzanine ...
    Tags: hightop hut Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Bearfence Hut, Spring, Scramble, and Alpha Gal

This was a great hike in the Shenandoah National Park, from Big Meadows Campground to Bearfence Hut. It is approximately 15 miles round trip and has very little elevation gain / loss. I’d list this as being moderate if you include the “scramble”. More information on the scramble part of the hike can be found here: https://www.nps.gov/shen/bearfence.htm As usual, I’ve posting some videos showing the trail, the shelter, legal campsites along this ...

Updated 09-19-2017 at 05:01 by Kaptainkriz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Appalachian Trail - Compton Gap to Gravel Springs - Columnar Jointing Formation

This hike is in the northern most section of Shenandoah National Park and ascends Compton Peak where there is a unique rock formation called Columnar Jointing. I’ve included some links below describing the formation. The hike to visit the formation is 2.4 miles round trip and has 835 feet of elevation gain to hike. The parking is very good at mile marker 10.5 and the hike well worth it just to visit the rock formation. The hike guide can be found ...
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast