WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Jenkins Shelter to Brushy Top - Laurel Creek - Appalachian Trail Virginia

This was a quick overnight to complete some miles between Jenkins Shelter (AT Mile 580.5) and US Route 52 at Brushy Mountain Outpost (AT Mile 591.8). I parked at the big parking lot on VA615, Suiter Road / Laurel Creek in the Trail Boss Loop parking area (AT Mile 584.9). This is right on the AT and excellent parking. The trail North to Route 52 is pretty uneventful. Fortunately, there were a lot of mushrooms sprouting from all the wet weather and a few ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. AT Section Hike of GA complete!

Play List: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...l5QRN-rC39oVpA
    Just finished the AT in GA from Springer to Bly over the holiday week. Was very muggy and humid which made for a sweaty trip. Definitely worth it though…GA was far more beautiful than I anticipated. By the end of the week I even had a tramily, which I greatly miss right now. I tried daily videos, which went ok other than the uploading part, lol.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Old Orchard Shelter to Hurricane Mountain Shelter – Views at Scales

This was a wonderful hike to extend my AT section miles North from where we left off at the Scales Campground near Grayson Highlands last Fall. I parked at the Fox Creek trailhead parking on VA 603 and hiked South up past the Old Orchard Shelter and to where the trail meets the Pine Mountain Trail. I took a little time and enjoyed the fantastic views a little farther South and then returned North to the Old Orchard Shelter. It was very windy and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Bobblets Gap Shelter – Buzzard Rock Sunset at Whitetop Mountain – AT VA

This was a two day, two night hike to fill in gaps between Jennings Creek @ AT Mile 758.5 to Bryant Ridge Shelter @ AT Mile 762.3, Bearwallow Gap @ AT Mile 751.9 to Bobblets Gap Shelter @ AT Mile 748.9, and Whitetop Road @ AT Mile 492.5 to Elk Garden @ AT Mile 494.9. The trail between Jennings Creek and Bryant Ridge Shelter is pretty plain with not many views. On this trip I skipped the section between Jennings Creek and Bearwallow Gap because the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. McAfee Knob Sunrise – Appalachian Trail VA

This was the finale of a three day hike up over McAfee Knob, across Tinker Cliffs to Lamberts Meadow Shelter, and back to Campbell Shelter to stage for a night ascent of McAfee Knob for the amazing sunrise before going back to the parking lot and home. I can’t say enough how much being there for the sunrise was worth it. It was inexplicably moving… The Southbound ascent was not bad in the dark and a simple headlamp was just fine. Full hike here: ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast