WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

2010 Pre Hike blogs

Pre hike blogs

1. 2010 Thru hikers on facebook

There has been a group on facebook for Appalachian Trail 2010 thru hikers for quite some time now. I thought I would post a quick note here to let everyone know about the Appalachian Trail 2010.
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  2. Wondering why people start in February

I spent the morning redoing my mail drop listing and reading through some journals. After reading some of the journals and seeing that there are more people starting their thru in February than I realized. This had me baffled and wondering.

1. Are these people leaving in February because they are anxious to start and do not want to put it off any longer than that have to?
    2. Have they done there research?
      Do they realize the colder weather they are going to run into?
    3. Are they
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  3. Random thoughts

Just thought I would share some random thoughts with all of you.

I am really looking forward to getting out on the Appalachian Trail for this journey. I have wanted to do this for eight years now. I need it more now than ever. I get three weeks of vacation from the company I work for now. I usually take a week at a time and stagger them throughout the year. One week at a time is just not enough to get away and relax and get your mind at ease. It seems just when you start getting ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  4. What ifs

A lot of things have been flooding through my mind over the last week. One of those things has been failure. I see not room for it but if for some reason I am not able to finish the trail I have come to this conclusion.

It is not whether you finish or only walk 600 miles. It is all about enjoying yourself and having a good time. If one does not make it to Katahdin from Springer, yet has a good time and walks away with good memories and good friends, you have accomplished something ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  5. More memory cards

I received my last order from newegg.com yesterday. I picked up two more 8gb memory cards. That gives me a total of 8 cards now. With each being 8gb. That should be plenty enough for my camera. I also picked up a four port usb wall plug for charging my camera or any other devices when I get to a town.

I also place an order yesterday for a ccf pad to place under my sleeping back in my hammock. I will be using a down under quilt under my hammock on the outside but it only covers the torso. ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast