WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

2010 Pre Hike blogs

Pre hike blogs

1. Hair length

Had something interesting happen to me at work the other day, I was told that my hair was long enough where I now needed to where it up. If is just starting to touch my shoulders. I knew this was coming and was prepared for it. I had one of my hiking buffs stowed away in my tool box for this day. I chuckled when they told me. I don’t think they realized that I was not going to cut my hair.

I normally do not let my hair grow. I usually keep it just over the ears or shorter. I started ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  2. Bills squared away and Amtrak ticket purchased

Wow, I got a lot accomplished yesterday. Renewed my driver license, pick up a new military ID card. I set up automatic withdrawal for my life insurance and mortgage insurance policies so they get paid while I am gone. I also got my debit card set up for my hike. I looked over my finances and it looks like I will be better off bill wise than what I thought. The only bills my wife will have to worry about paying while I am gone is the electric, phones, cable/internet and her food and gas for the car. ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  3. New stove setup, glasses

I also forgot to mention that I switched my stove setup over a month ago. I switched to the Caldera Cone. This system works better and faster than any alcohol stove system I have tried and I have tried a lot of alcohol stoves. It also uses less alcohol. I did switch out the stove that came with the system with the homemade stove that I had made for me. The reason that I switch out the stove was because my stove is ½ the size and does the as good of a job as the stove that came with the cone. The ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  4. Freaking out and nervous [PRE HIKE]

It has been a while since I posted. I was working on my own journal site but have not got it all ironed out yet. I will start posting here again until I decide.

I am really freaking out and getting very nervous now. We are almost down to the two month count down. The part that has me freaking is putting in my notice at work. That will be the point of no return. I am very scared about quitting a good paying job with all the benefits. Quitting a $20 an hour job is not an easy thing ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  5. Very scared right now [PRE HIKE]

Alright, now I am getting really freaking nervous. Tomorrow is Christmas and another point closer to my start date of the thru hike. It puts me 72 days away from me leaving hear to head to Georgia. I am getting scared beyond control. I have been even having second thoughts about it but I am sure that is natural. I am very comfortable in life and have a good paying job and I am quitting my job and walking about from all the creature comforts I love and appreciate. I am doing this to go live out of ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast