WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

2010 Pre Hike blogs

Pre hike blogs

1. Update on what I have been up to [PRE HIKE]

I just wanted to add and update real quickly about what I have been up to and why I have not made any journal entries.

I have been very busy over the last two months. I took one side of my two bay garage and enclosed it and turned it into an office space and move all my WhiteBlaze equipment and computers into it. This took about three weeks to get done. I have also been working on yard work. This need to get done before the snow came. I got most of it done with the exception of raking ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  2. Shakedown hike [PRE HIKE]

My trip to EMS was successful in a way. I picked up a new backpack and a spare pair of boots and a few other things for my thru hike. I ended up spending more then I wanted though. I spent well over $400. The good thing about this trip is that I have everything I need for my thru hike now. There cannot possibly be anything else I need to get for this hike.

The real test now will be on the week long hike I have scheduled for this Monday in Maine on the Appalachian Trail. The temps have ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  3. Heading to EMS to do some shopping [PRE HIKE]

I am going to head out to Eastern Mountain Sports this morning and look at backpacks. I love the backpack I have not but it is just not large enough to hold the cold weather gear that I will be starting with. I should rephrase that a little. I can fit all my cold weather gear in my current backpack but it is a very tight fit. I do want to have to struggle every morning in the cold to try and squeeze everything in the pack. I am going to try to find a bigger pack that I like that will fit everything ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  4. On the Appalachian Trail I go [PRE HIKE]

Clarity and inspiration,
    Happiness is a destination that’s hard to find.
    It may take some time.
    In my mind there's something more and I will open up a brand new door,
    And find the strength to close the ones I left behind.
    I’ll get there leaning on some friends I know.
    On the Appalachian Trail I will go.
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  5. Why I am not using TrailJournals.com [PRE HIKE]

I started out using www.trailjournals.com/attroll but my family and friends found the web site to confusing with all the other people hosting their journals on that site. They also commented that it was not easy to move around in. I found no problem reading and navigating at Trail Journals but then again I have been following hiker’s journals on that site for years now. I decided to start working on my own journal web site to accommodate my family and friends. I now have my site completed. The only ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast