WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

2010 Pre Hike blogs

Pre hike blogs

1. 05 July 2010

05 July – 09 July 2010, Louisville KY
    While in Louisville, I went to the VA Hospital and they told me that I could not get a cortisone shot.
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  2. Trail Days, Billvilles Useless gear contest

I spent yesterday morning working on my entry for the Trail Days annual Billville Useless Gear Contest. I think I am onto something with this idea. It could even go to market. Hmm, the possibilities this has. Sorry I cannot say what it is. I don’t want anyone stealing my patent.

My knee has really been bothering me the last two days. It has me really concerned. There is no turning back for me now, even if I wanted to. They posted my job last night as an opening because of my departure. ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  3. Spirits up

What a great weekend I had. My spirits are lifted once again and I am very excited. I wish I could leave tomorrow. I am so very ready for this hike in so many ways.

I worked off some of my “to do” list here at the house.

I am down to under a month for my departure date to leave from Maine to take the Amtrak to Georgia.

I turned in my final notice at work this morning. I already did this once before but they told me they wanted it ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  4. Family visit

I was in a slump last night. I am fine today. I think it comes from being too overwhelmed with everything going on in my life right now; being overtired sure did not help matters either.

I am going to my parents today to visit. I want my mother to see my haircut; she has been on me about getting it cut since I started growing it long. I can now show here that my hair is short again and she can relax. My sisters will be my parents too and I want to see her. We were at each other’s ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  5. Tattoo

Well, I did it. I got my tattoo and a haircut. I don’t feel like a new man though. My friend told me that I would be a new man. I still feel the same, old.

I went to Brunswick today and hooked up with Shiloh, a WhiteBlaze member. Shiloh thru hiked in 2008. We sat and talked for 2 ½ hours. It was great to see his eye light up when he talked about his thru hike. I know I will feel the same way when I tell my tale of my thru hike. He showed me many of his photos from his hike. ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1590.jpg 
Views:	1542 
Size:	604.1 KB 
ID:	11073  
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast