WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Welcome to WhiteBlaze.net

Quote Originally Posted by lswindell4 View Post
    Hi all! I am new to the forum and new to hiking the A.T. but not new to humping a ruck. I am a 100% disabled veteran (57 years old) living in Eastern North Carolina. I am disabled from combat tours with the 82nd ABN DIV. I spent most of my time at Ft.Bragg with 3rd Bde but also spent time at Ft. Jackson as a drill sergeant and at Ft Sherman in Panama with the J.W.T.C. back in the 80's. Spent some time at Ft benning as well. I have had several surgeries and now feel capable, with the proper training,
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. What is it about Damascus?

Last September Snacktime and I made our first trip to Damascus. We rode the Creeper Trail and stopped at the Café and had chocolate cake. We hiked the highlands and saw wild ponies. We took photos under the arch. We ate at the Blue Blaze and met "Mayor", had shakes at Dairy King and smoothies at MoJo. We visited Mt. Rogers Outfitters and Sun Dog Outfitters. We visited The Place and met Atlas along with stinky and wonderful hikers and cyclists enjoying their adventures. We stayed

Updated 07-29-2014 at 23:27 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Washington DC -

As a Texas girl dreaming daily of someday thru hiking the AT, I find myself in Washington DC just a couple of hours from an access point to the AT. URG! How I want to skip out on meetings and catch a ride to the AT and just hike a few miles just to ....I don't know get a foretaste that goes a baby step beyond just reading and reading and reading of other's adventures on the AT.

I can not wait until the spring of 2017, my target date. I WANNA B an AT through hiking gal. ...
  4. My training for 2015, Training Day 4

Training Day 4 Friday May 23:
    Today I did 11.75 miles in 4 hours 45 minutes and carried about 15 pounds. The sky was dark and it was a little windy. Rain threatened the whole time but did not develop until about 8:30 and it is still raining at 10:30. I was looking forward to watching the meteor shower tonight but I will have to settle for a rain shower instead. Nothing eventful happened on today’s hike. I did talk to a nice couple in Fox Run Park (El Paso County, Colorado)who thought ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Our Bear Song

Snacktime and I did a couple of short hikes in the Shenandoah National Park last month, and we decided that we needed to be prepared for a bear sighting. We figured that screaming and yelling might not be the best approach since it may not have the desired effect of scaring a bear off but instead might be considered aggressive. So we decided to sing aloud should one of us sight one, thus alerting the other to the presence without any sudden loud sound or action (assuming our slightly off-key

Updated 05-24-2014 at 01:05 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast