WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Hiking the AT in 2011 by Hiker Chick

As the time grows near for my thru hike of the At all kinds of thoughts rush through my head. Have I forgotten anything? Am I prepared? What more can I do? Can I cut anything else from my pack? How am I going to be treated by other hiker?

It all comes down to the jitters and anticipatory buzz I think. I know I can do this and doubt given New Hampshire's harsh winter this year if I could have done much more. I am packed and ready to go. We leave her in just a few weeks and I wish it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Amicalola Falls share a ride

I will be driving from the Raleigh Durham, NC to Franklin, NC and then taking a shuttle to Amicalola Falls, the 1st of April. If anyone needs a ride and would like to share the cost please let me know.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Test

I have no idea what I'm doing creating a blog. I also have no idea how or why in the world am I going to attempt the A.T NOBO this year. A minor detail to contemplate someday.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Mountain property for sale -- View of Max Patch!

Hello AT hiking community,
    I'm new to this site, so will need some time to navigate my way around. For now, I wanted to let you know that I have just under 6 acres of rugged, wild (somewhat "tamed") mountain property for sale in western NC. The view of Max Patch from my cabin porch is breathtaking. If you're interested, please call me for details at 207-217-0039 or email [email protected]. The small cabin on the property is perfect for the hiker, dreamer, and lover of nature.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. newby

This is all new to me this AT hiking but my sister wants to do it this year for 3 to 4 days. We are both in OK shape for being in our 50's but we don't hike much. Can anyone help me with where to start, end and places to stay? My family lives in Johnstown, PA so we want to start near there and end so my parents can take us and pick us up. We also do not want to camp out. Cabin, B&B, motel. Any ideas from anyone? Thanks! Any ideas would be appreciated! Sherry
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast