WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. March 2013 Hike

Aloha! I am planning to retire December 2012 or January 2013, and would love to attempt the AT thru-hike sometime March 2013. Therefore, I am looking for one or two other females to hike with. Some things about me: I will be 60 November 2012; am petite; in good health; sociable and easy-going yet goal oriented; love the outdoors; and happily married (got my husband's blessings to do the hike). I plan to prep next year, since this will be my first long-distance hike. And, yes, I'm lucky to be living ...
    Tags: 2013, female Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Thru hike trip Feb/March 2013

Hello fellow hikers!
    My name is Chelsea and I am planning to thru hike the AT starting late Feb/early March 2013. I figured if I got on this site and started talking about making plans, it would turn into making plans and my trip would be a more solidified event rather than a wish. I was wondering if anybody else on here was planning to start around the same time and wanted to start out together? I realize this is very far in advance, but I'm a big planner. Anyways, I don't
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Hiking Supply near Harper's Ferry, W. Va.

If you are looking for any items like jet boil fuel, stoves or numerous other items, I recently found a real helpful supplier who is on the internet, but where you can also pick up items in his area. He's in Leesburg Va. It is www.windedbowhunter.com. Rudy is real conscientious and very helpful to AT hikers.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Poor Trail Identification Between Highways 17A & 17 in New York

I hiked the trail section between Greenwood Lake & Arden in New York last week and found the trail to be very poorly marked, specifically north of the Wildcat Shelter. I found many locations where blazes were needed or on dead trees lying on the ground. The trail was difficult to follow as I found myself lost several times. This is contrary to virtually all the trail I have hiked south of this location.

I'm extending a request to the New York/New Jersey Trail Conference to take ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Section Hike this weekend Oct 22 from Springer to Neel GAP.

I am starting this Saturday AM 10/22 a section Hike from Springer Mountain to Neels GAP. Just curious as to the trail traffic and condition of leaves and other info/news? I am planning on 4 days to complete this section. Please advise.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast