WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. 4 season tent

Quote Originally Posted by CELTIC BUCK View Post
    I'm planning a August start from Maine with a Lab; so getting 2 person tent; do I need a four season tent? Expect November early December finish.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Here I Go!

Lifelong dream of hiking the AT is right around the corner. Should be at Springer the 18th or 19th and wishing i was more ready but if i wait till then ill never get there. Thanks to my family and friends for your positive influence-- and " legs, please don't let me down!"
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Test Drive

In the past month I've gradually been acquiring gear, researching a bunch, talking and emailing people, etc. etc.

Main issue for me has been acquiring properly fitting orthotics, which I hope to get this week. (Kind of important for proper foot and knee function!)

Six week away from departure. We've been having a ton of rain in south Louisiana--similar, I'm sure, to the tons of snow in the northeast. It's given me "excuses" but today was a nice enough day for ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Section Hike on May 16 - 24 , 2015 - Trail Days

My two sons and I are planning a section hike , starting at Erwin , ending at Damascus .
    I understand 'Trail Days' starts on the 15th . I am wondering how packed the Trail will be during our time frame , or if most hikers will be in Damascus for the celebration . Had no clue about the events schedule till today .
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This is my first post . But have been reading many threads .
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Re packaging food

Is it better to put all the oatmeal packages in one zip lock, or keep in its original package? the same with everything else, repackage and just put in directions.
    Categories
    Uncategorized