WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Lhht

Had a nice couple of days on the Laurel Higlands Trail. I had a chance to shake down some gear and do some thinking about why I want to thru hike so badly. It was great to just be on a trail any trail. Being sidelined for almost a year with health related issues has really put things in perspective for me. Six months ago hiking period was a dream, let alone the AT. I have some serious work to do my legs and heart are no where near in shape to attempt a thru hike, yet...<br />
    <br ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Rain or Wind Pants?

Hey all,

I'm new to this but for the A.T., would you recommend wind pants or rain pants? And any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Also, will they last the whole trip?!

Thanks so much!!!!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. cheapest rings & L V

The actual chaplet ought to complement the actual all-embracing entire body of the entire body.[url=http://shinyjewelrys.net/]tiffany necklace[/url] take turn out to be a good fundamental allotment in our look feeling, that are turn out to be increasingly more well-liked worldwide. More and more people tend to be after this particular pattern associated with accessorising their own gowns as well as can make all of them going to attribute as well as stunning.

Occasionally these ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. leaving town

Stayed at the blueberry patch last night and got all the supplies I needed from my bounce box. They served us an amazing breakfast this morning which hit the spot. Then I grabbed a ride into town and mailed my bounce box on to Gatlinburg and hitched up to unicoi gap to continue the trail. I got picked up by a crazy redneck who was expressing his opinion on how much more dangerous the black bear was than the grizzly. He told me a story of being charged by a black bear and shooting it with his .357 ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. town

Last night was unbelievably cold. The wind was roaring and without a good bag and a sleeping pad I slept terribly. The sunrise from on top of blue mountain was awesome though! Walked down from blue mountain to unicoi gap and unsuccessfully tried to hitch for an hour. After an hour a van came and said it could give me a free ride to town if I stayed at the budget in. Being sleep deprived and frozen I gladly accepted! Went into town and got some much needed sleep. Afterwards walked over to a steak ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized