WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. What is the lightest canister stove and pot combination?

Quote Originally Posted by HooKooDooKu View Post
    What I use personally (which seems to ALMOST be as light weight as you can get with commercial products) is the Snow Peak LiteMax with the MSR Titan Kettle.
    The Titan Kettle is just the right size to store an MSR canister inside, and utilizing the concave area of the canister, I can include the LiteMax folded up under the canister.

Here's a SORTED list (by weight) of stoves mentioned that I can readily find commercially available (or a modern update that is commercially available).
    Tags: 1'", 1ˤˢ Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Is there really so much animosity towards dogs/their owners on the AT?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    I believe all the replies to this thread have been sincere.

You are correct that the reality on the Trail is that most people keep their opinions and feelings to themselves regarding dogs.

I disagree with you if you are suggesting at the opinions expressed in this thread are not real, however.

I am not sure it is so bad that people feel comfortable sharing them on WB, who would otherwise keep these opinion to themselves in the woods. I definitely think dogs
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. NORO virus how it is spread, some ideas

Quote Originally Posted by 1234 View Post
    My daughter thru hiked the AT last year. She hiked in a small bubble. About half her group got the NORO virus, she did not. The group talked about the virus and what to do to not get it, yet still half did. I asked what her thoughts were on who did and who did not. 1st she washed her hands and rinsed in pumped water. Same for cooking utensils. She got sick years ago from contaminated cookware so she learned this lesson. She did not share food. She did not share other things you put in
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. schedule set for start of hike 3/4/13 Springer Mtn

On 3/4/13, I will drop my wife off at Tampa Airport where she flies back to Manchester NH. I will then drive to Atlanta, drop off rental, take train to pick up point. Will then start trail on Monday AM!!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Baby Steps

So I woke up early this morning and looked outside, rained all night again but at least it let up for awhile. Had to get something from our storage place that super close to my house so i decided to walk. Threw on shorts and a hoodie and off i went. On my way back, i passed a little park that has a small walking trail loop. Decided to do a lap before i went home, then another and another. Realized i am sooo out of shape and really need to kick up my game in order to be ready for march. It ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast