WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Appalachian Trail Maryland I70 to POGO Memorial Campsite

This was another short hike to clean up some of my Appalachian Trail miles in Maryland. It was a great weekend and parking was tight at the I70/US40 parking lot. I’m glad we got there early, before 0830. The lot was already packed!! Our plan for the day was to hike from I70 past Pine Knob Shelter, Annapolis Rocks, Black Rock, and stay overnight at POGO Memorial Campsite. The trail was relatively easy for the 1st 0.8 miles, after which it ascended ...
  2. 25 Years of Adventure

This year marks our 25th wedding anniversary. It's been an adventure all on its own. The year we got married, and a number of times after, we visited the Whites in NH. We did a little day hiking, took the Cog to the top of Mount Washington, and hiked the flat stuff. My employment drew us away to Southern Maryland and we eventually found alternate outdoor activities. Sailboat racing is what we did: http://youtu.be/YPykEpmHh3Y

Now that the kids are away in college, it's time to get back ...
  3. Day Hikes in Maryland

Continued a series of day hikes, each about ten miles, this time in Maryland and the southern part of Pennsylvania.

As we have done many times, my "Free Shuttle Service With Benefits" would drop me off at one trail head and pick me up at the end of my hike. This has become far easier since we got cell phones, which we got ONLY because I needed a way to communicate (call for help?) while on The Trail. She would then go off and spend her money at thrift stores, buying items ...
    Tags: maryland Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized