WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Spivey Gap to Curley Maple

Many blowdowns throughtout this sectons from recent storm. Some parts still holding 12in of snow. Hiked Dec 27th-30th.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Freaking out and nervous [PRE HIKE]

It has been a while since I posted. I was working on my own journal site but have not got it all ironed out yet. I will start posting here again until I decide.

I am really freaking out and getting very nervous now. We are almost down to the two month count down. The part that has me freaking is putting in my notice at work. That will be the point of no return. I am very scared about quitting a good paying job with all the benefits. Quitting a $20 an hour job is not an easy thing ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  3. Very scared right now [PRE HIKE]

Alright, now I am getting really freaking nervous. Tomorrow is Christmas and another point closer to my start date of the thru hike. It puts me 72 days away from me leaving hear to head to Georgia. I am getting scared beyond control. I have been even having second thoughts about it but I am sure that is natural. I am very comfortable in life and have a good paying job and I am quitting my job and walking about from all the creature comforts I love and appreciate. I am doing this to go live out of ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  4. Update on what I have been up to [PRE HIKE]

I just wanted to add and update real quickly about what I have been up to and why I have not made any journal entries.

I have been very busy over the last two months. I took one side of my two bay garage and enclosed it and turned it into an office space and move all my WhiteBlaze equipment and computers into it. This took about three weeks to get done. I have also been working on yard work. This need to get done before the snow came. I got most of it done with the exception of raking ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  5. Shakedown hike [PRE HIKE]

My trip to EMS was successful in a way. I picked up a new backpack and a spare pair of boots and a few other things for my thru hike. I ended up spending more then I wanted though. I spent well over $400. The good thing about this trip is that I have everything I need for my thru hike now. There cannot possibly be anything else I need to get for this hike.

The real test now will be on the week long hike I have scheduled for this Monday in Maine on the Appalachian Trail. The temps have ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs