WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Will be on the trail again in April...or sooner.

by , 03-14-2013 at 19:02 (Fireweed - An Older Woman Who Hikes Solo and With Friends)
    Having done 1000 miles, I'm looking forward to the next big section. Looks like it will be either Delaware Water Gap southbound to Damascus, or the other way around.

Considering the weather, northbound from Damascus may be the better choice.

Some new gear will be with me. A cuben fiber tarp will replace the MSR E-wing. A Jacksrbetter bridge hammock instead of the Hennessey and an under-quilt instead of a closed cell foam pad. Guess I'm getting kinda uppity in my ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Will be on the trail again in April...or sooner.

by , 03-14-2013 at 19:01 (Fireweed - An Older Woman Who Hikes Solo and With Friends)
    Having done 1000 miles, I'm looking forward to the next big section. Looks like it will be either Delaware Water Gap southbound to Damascus, or the other way around.

Considering the weather, northbound from Damascus may be the better choice.

Some new gear will be with me. A cuben fiber tarp will replace the MSR E-wing. A Jacksrbetter bridge hammock instead of the Hennessey and an under-quilt instead of a closed cell foam pad. Guess I'm getting kinda uppity in my ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 3/13 Discouraged but not defeated

My feet are very painful at this time with blisters causing difficulty hiking. Did 12.5 miles today with every step a struggle. Muskrat Creek to Carter Gap. Cold and windy all day. Off trail at 4pm and in tent by 5pm. Windy and cold in my bones. Never imagined it would be this cold in NC in March... way colder today than back home in NH! 16 miles till I can get off the trail for a rest in Franklin NC. Hoping for Friday midday. It is going to be a long night but not defeated. total of 93.9 ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Slight Set Back

Hi everyone!

People say that when you need something on the trail, you can always find it. This has certainly been the case for us.

Since the last time we posted, we have encountered some unexpected challenges. We decided to take a couple of zeros (days we don't hike at all) to help Clay's knee heal from the first few days of hiking. Unfortunately, his knee did not get better and we decided to hitch a ride to Dahlonega, a 30 minute drive from our cabin, to see a doctor: ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Photography Opportunities

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Viking View Post
    Some of the famous ones around in the south:

Three Forks
    old Cheese Factory
    old tree at Bly Gap
    Fontana Lake
    Standing Indian
    Clingmans
    Max Patch