WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Property for sale at James River - hostel possibility

Quote Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
    No doubt a hostel or resupply point along the trail near the James River Footbridge would be very useful for hikers and potentially a viable economic venture, however, take a good look at the VDOT documentation: http://www.virginiadot.org/projects/lynchburg/route_501_bridge_over_james_river_at_snowden.asp
    The plans appear to have the off ramp and right of way overlying this property. There is not enough documentation on the website to know for sure, but buyer and dreamers beware.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Approach trail

Do Not Do - nothing like the beginning of the actual trail. First day was cold, wet, and rainy. The night was pretty much the same.

Day two on the trail, however, was just the opposite of the first day. The weather was beautiful. The trail was still difficult but the beautiful surroundings were rewarding. Met a lot of nice people on the trail already-- both locals and hikers. Wonderful stories are being shared. Met a guy from New Zealand, a young couple who quit their jobs, one ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Journey Begins

Hi All,

Starting my through hike tomorrow (March 21st). I am thankful for this opportunity and look forward to the journey and what it has to offer.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Amicaloia State Park

Got my passes and am starting the trail tomorrow, Friday, March 20! Thanks to all my family and friends for the encouraging words, and I truly hope your faith is not misplaced.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1515.jpg 
Views:	595 
Size:	711.6 KB 
ID:	30282  
  5. hiker shuttle services

Neels Gap, Blairsville, Georgia/NC trailheads. Call Mike. 706-781-3360 , 352-322-0822.
    Categories
    Uncategorized