WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Drought in Monson, rain in Caratunk

Aug 6- sabbath. Went 2 miles to a legal campsite just past the stream crossing and set up. Somehow walked right by the trail to Gulf Hagas falls. A ridge runner came to the ford around 9 and we talked a bit. Apparently the original AT terminus was Mt Washington and when they changed to Katahdin they only had 90 days to blaze 280 miles of trail. This is why AT goes up and over every mtn. They had to go shortest route then and it has taken decades to mitigate the erosion issues which they are still ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. 100 mile wilderness

July 28- climbed katahdin with dad and KyleJuly 29-30 hang out in Millinocket and rest my sore legs
    July 31- shuttle to katahdin stream and hike south. Trying to take it real slow and lots of breaks for my feet. Meeting a few NOBO hikers and some section hikers finishing the 100 mile wilderness. Interesting range of attitudes from grim determination through relief and up to giddy excitement. I made it to Hurd lean to and it was filled with youngish guys and a couple of dogs so I hiked on. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Katie Takes Katahdin

Katie Takes Katahdin
    We had arrived at 100 Mile Wilderness LLC late afternoon On Tuesday July 26, 2015. We'd been driving for almost 3 days straight from Eagle Rock, Missouri, to Lawrenceville, Georgia and then all the way up to Monson, Maine. Already, two weeks before we had been working a camp so we were already running a little ragid and the next day was Summitting Katahdin.
    Phil Pepins place is quaint, rustic, set apart, yet has a quality and all the desired ammenities you'd ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Awareness for veterans please read.

22 VETERANS

I am going to be thru hiking starting february 13th. A little history on myself. i joined the Marine Corps at the age of 17. by 18 i was already on my first deployment to Helmand province Afghanistan. by 20 i was heading out for my second tour and made it safely home. i finished my enlistment july of 2013 and everything went kind of rocky from then on. i found myself stripped of all of the family i grew to love. i truly felt alone, i felt worthless, i felt like a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Maine Pictures

Page 64 of 596 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 114 164 564 ... LastLast