WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Day #1 was rough

12/11/14 8:12am
    Ok, this has been the coldest experience of my entire life.We arrived at Amicalola Falls on Tuesday and stayed the night at the shelterthere. We had a few things to do before we started. Then yesterday was day #1.It was as cold as it can get. I am notsure how smart this winter thru hike was, but oh well, we are gonna keep going.Day #1, we officially hiked to Frosty Mountain and set up camp. I need to learnhow to build a fire ASAP. We hiked 4.8 miles on day #1 and our packs ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Our YouTube Page

Many of you already know of my YouTube page...I am going to be posting our story and our journey on that page...It is "New2TheWild" on youtube. Today is my LAST preparation blog. Now, its time to hike...We are HERE!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. We left VEGAS and are now in Chattanooga.

We left Vegas Sunday morning and we are now currently in Chattanooga. We intend on starting the approach trail at Amicalola tomorrow morning...Wish us luck! We are excited and ready! We are exhausted from the car ride, but still excited to be here!!! LETS GET IT STARTED!!!

JB
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Leaving Early (12/5/14)

Well, we have actually decided to leave earlier than the 15th of December. Today is currently the 5th and I believe there is a good chance that we will be out of here by tomorrow or the end of the weekend at the latest. Those ten extra days seem to be warm in Georgia, so why not do this? Why not get some more warm days if we can? To be honest, the anxiety here at home is too much and we need to go…we need to just get in the car and go. Someday, everyone reading this will get the entire story behind ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. December 4th - More Prep – but almost there!!

December 4th - More Prep – but almost there!!We officially bought our last necessity today! How crazy is this?!

Almost everything has been sold and now we are planning our trip to Georgia. We also ordered the AT Companion Guide last night and it should be here tomorrow. JB is keeping an eye on the weather and today, it was actually WARMER in Dawsonville, GA than it was in Las Vegas today. Needless to say, JB and I are both ready to go.

We have a plan for the car, we have ...

Updated 12-04-2014 at 22:07 by JBandStacy2014

Categories
    Uncategorized