View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. September already? Sheesh!!

September 1- wow, it's September. It rained a little overnight and I was, once again, very thankful for my Warbonnet Superfly as I had dry gear and a dry space to pack up. Called out sunrise to everybody at 5:45, some grumbly replies but no faces. I left at 6 and barely walked 20 feet before the rocky outcrop opened up in front of me and I saw the sunrise. Beautiful!! Unfortunately I had some urgent business and needed to get down off the alpine zone ASAP. Even more unfortunately, there was a steep ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. September already? Sheesh!!

duplicate entry :-(

Updated 09-10-2016 at 11:49 by ElizabethClose (duplicate entry)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Buh-bye MAINE!!

Aug 27 sabbath. I slept in, read a bit, sat and soaked up sunshine and talked to people as they wandered through on the way to or from the notch. I heard from one guy that Theresa had gone up old speck instead of taking the mahoosuc trail so she stayed at the campsite again and was on her way today. She got in about 6:00 and we chatted a bit. I had gotten water earlier so I gave her my canteen. She was hooting as she set up her site today. I told her I was going to call her Hooty and she got embarrassed. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Mahoosuc Notch

Aug 21- got up around 4:30 and took a shower. Two older guys had come in after I went to bed and I didn't want to disturb them so I took my gear to the hallway to pack up. Deuces' bed had somebody else in it so I couldn't wake him at 5 like I promised. Took my stuff up to the patio. Probably a good thing the hostel doesn't have a scale. I'd be freaked out if I knew it was 50 lbs. I cooked up the rest of the polenta and eggs for breakfast and packed the butter and cheese in ziplocks and tucked them ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. First section

I joined this forum one month ago today and finished my first section hike last sunday. 8/28

This is how the hike went.

day 1: Thursday 8/25 : Ron brown dropped us off @ AFSP after giving us the run down on the water situation on the approach trail and giving my gf and I a spare water bottle and bladder that had been left on the trail. Thanks Ron!

We started at the bottom of the falls. Kelli, my girlfriends pack weighed in at 19.5lbs w/o water and mine at ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 30 of 566 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 130 530 ... LastLast