WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. The beginning

Its been a year and a half since I started thinking about this journey. Now, I'm in Bangor, ME in transit to BSP. Life has gotten very surreal in the last few days, I have to pinch myself every hour or so. The plan is to stay at the AT lodge in Millinocket for 2 nights, get a shuttle to BSP and day hike Katadhin on day 1. Then, shuttle back and grab my last shower for a while. On day 2 we'll shuttle out to BSP again and stay at Katadhin Stream campground one night. From there, its southbound thru ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Loner/Snakesseion now in Mass.! at 1500 miles

Yesterday, August 1st I heard from Loner and he had reached the state where he was born 40 years ago. Massachusetts. He was born in a small lakeside town, called Dracut, Mass, which at one time was a sort of holiday spot where we lived across the street from a state park. The remnants of park rides and food stands were still scattered around the lake when we lived there.
    He's posted about 15 new videos since my last post. Lots of interesting things in NJ, NY, Conn. including car races, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. the day winds down

Im sitting at the swimming hole after daleville waters nice and locusts are annoying. Cant wait to se some views on the big climb tomorrow and cant wait to git to Harper's to do yee ol flipflop. This is salesman signing out. Onward and upward. Ga-me
    no woman no cry... just hike or die!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Cook Stoves

After much research, debate and deliberation, we decided to go with the Jetboil Zip for heating water and cooking some meals. Being our first trip, we don't want to complicate things by having to cook elaborate meals on the trail so we're going for the pre-packaged, dehydrated stuff...

A few months ago, F4ever told our oldest son Aaron, that he wanted this stove for his birthday. We never heard anything and no stove was forthcoming, so we just figured he forgot. Last week we made ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 2013 Thru-Hike Registry

Quote Originally Posted by mountain squid View Post
    The 2013 Spreadsheet is up and ready for viewing. Please let me know if I've made any mistakes or if you've made any changes or updates.

You can find it here or from the homepage, left pane. Click on WhiteBlaze Thru-Hikers and then on Class of 2013.

Good Luck everyone!

See you on the trail,
    mt squid
    Categories
    Uncategorized