WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Snakesession/Loner 2012 AT reaches Vernon, New Jersey

I heard from my son Loner a few days ago and he's now reached Vernon, New Jersey and is probably beyond the 1,350 mile mark now. He's recently posted a batch of new videos. The most recent are #70-74 at his You Tube AT Video blog, Loner 2012 AT
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTuZg...hannel&list=UL . And before that he has posts from Pennsylvania (well, some of these are rants, Maryland and more. Lots of varied terrain. He spent the hot days trying to hammock hang ...
  2. First-timers' excitement keeping me awake

Here it is, almost 3 and I'm lying awake having finally finished packing the last little details. We depart for Boone, NC tomorrow at noon after church. After my dad (no trail name just yet...) and I drop off my brother at his lax camp there, we will motor westward about an hour to the Appalachian Ridge, sight-see, dine, then take a hotel. Hal (without a trail name also) will meet us sometime between the hotel and shuttle to the trail head. I'm excited he's decided to join us! I haven't spent much ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. All packed and ready to go!!

Greetings from Dreamer, From 6/20/12 Blog Post: tntonthetrail.blogspot.com)

Yes, yes, I know... Charlie & I are not actually leaving until Friday afternoon. So whats the big deal? So I am packed and ready to walk out the door a few days early. I am so excited, I could squirt!! Life is too short and death too certain not to be crazy in love with something. (Notice, I did not say, someone.) I have spent so much of my life looking for a hobby that really thrills me and low ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gear Picture.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	16584   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gear Picture.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	16585  
  4. Time to Start Packing!!

Greetings from Dreamer, From 6/14/12 Blog Post: tntonthetrail.blogspot.com)

Good Morning from Rose Lake!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Morning at the large pond.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	16582

Simply one of God's greatest blessings! The hope of a new day...
    Another spectacular morning in the woods! (Personal Note: A few years ago I was basically complaining to Terri that I didn't have something in my life, like a hobby or delight of some kind that I truly loved doing. Most of my family & friends all ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Testing, testing. Can you hear me now?

Dreamer here, From 6/13/12 Blog Post: tntonthetrail.blogspot.com)

Learning to Blog was a big deal for this old-timer! Now I know enough to be dangerous. ;-). It occurred to me a couple weeks ago that I would have to learn how to blog from my cell phone, so that I could keep the blog update while hiking. This is my first attempt at creating a blog entry from my cell phone. Also, below, I am learning how to upload short (blogspot only allow short ones) videos. Let me know what you ...