WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Still on the trail -- VA 60 (Lexington & Buena Vista, VA)

I'm still on the trail and having a fun and rewarding time. I'm sorry I haven't updated anything over on TrailJournals.com -- town stops or either a whirlwind of activity (shower, laundry, resupply, etc.) or I just collapse and sleep. I have a written journal, though, so it's more a matter of me sitting down at the computer and keying it all in rather than me simply not taking notes.

Anyway, I hit the 801.1 mile marker before I was picked up and taken to Harpers Ferry for the Memorial ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Duct tape: A cure for warts?

Warts: ugly little blemishes brought on by a virus called the human papillomavirus (HPV). According to the Mayo Clinic, “HPV stimulates the skin to attract and grow its own blood supply and nerves, which makes the wart very hearty and less likely to disappear on its own.”

Generally warts will go away on their own after one to two years, but a lot of people don’t like to wait that long to reclaim their smooth skin. If you are one of these people, there are a few steps you can take to ...
    Tags: duct tape Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Ukecello or Cellele?

I started playing the cello when I was four years old and since then it has been the most consistent part of my life. Music is a huge part of who I am and how I express myself in the world and when I thought about hiking the trail it became clear to me that the need for music had to be addressed.

In the early stages of planning, I pondered the idea of hiking without an instrument and challenging myself to writing music in my head. I know that I am up to this challenge but there is ...

Updated 06-05-2012 at 12:00 by Bobcat'12

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Touching the A.T.

I remember this moment with astonishing clarity. I am from Central NY and when I left the military and ended up divorced, back to NY I went. I did a lot of hiking up there and have hiked most of the High Peaks which I'll finish this September. Needless to say when I moved to Southern MD in 2010 for the job I now hold it was a culture shock. Flat earth everywhere! I hiked the short local trails and tried to find other outdoor hobbies to pass my time. I rafted in Harper's Ferry(totally boring), ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. F wb!!

Just spent a half hour typing out my thoughts on here and hit submit to find out the website had logged me out. Wasted freaking time! GRRRRRR.
    Categories
    Uncategorized