WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. 2014 Appalachain Trail and Pinhoti Trail Thru Hike.

Quote Originally Posted by ratherbclimbin View Post
    We will be posting updates to our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/ATConquered/266167216892819 , if anyone wants to see a little insight of the trail or would like to follow our continuous experience on the trail check us out. We will be starting the trail on March 1st and we will be keeping our page updated as frequently as possible. We will also be adding videos on our youtube channel that you can watch. The link will be added to our facebook page shortly.
    P.S. if you enjoy
    Tags: pinhoyi/at Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. South Cheaha Wilderness Loop 12.18.13

Quote Originally Posted by Matt65 View Post
    Completed a day hike yesturday of the South Cheaha Wilderness Loop. I opted for a Clockwise Turnip to Turnip loop via Chinnabee/Pinhoti/Skyway/Chinnabee Trails.

We left the Turnipseed parking area at 6:30am wearing Bright Orange for the Hunters and proceeded the climb up to the Pinhoti. I'm guessing the temp was high 20s, low 30sF. The incline kept me very warm. The trail was marked well to the camp, but as we reached the rocky section markers were limited. Trail path could be distinguised
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Diabetics

Fellow Diabetics. Has anyone thru-hiked or is intending to Thru-hike this year with an insulin pump?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Android App: Appalachian Trail Weather

Quote Originally Posted by Shutter View Post
    I wanted to make some of you all aware of an app I created a couple years ago to show weather forecasts based on specific locations on the trail.

Simply enter the mile you're interested in, it'll show you the nearest 5 shelters, by clicking on a shelter it'll show you the weather forecast for that particular shelter. I base all forecasts on the GPS coordinates of each shelter as well as predict the actual temperature by calculating the difference in elevation from the weather station
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. In the beggining...

Well, I've been on this site for about 6 days now and I'm just starting to navigate my way around. I find this community of people to be very willing to help. Thank God, cause I could use it! I've been a hiker and camper all my life and doing a thru hike on the AT has been one of my life goals. I've let too many years slip away without getting this done. The decision has ben made. I will begin my hike on March 20th of 2015. so it is written,so it is law! until then I will be doing a series of section ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tn.jpg 
Views:	454 
Size:	184.5 KB 
ID:	25984