WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. AT Adventures Year 6- Roanoke to Luray, VA

http://tbmmoe.blogspot.com/p/at-year-6.html.

Just completed a long long section hike from June 29 to July 20. Journal entries and pictures at my blog site.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. AT Thru-Hike Update

Made it to Unionville NY NOBO where I had to come off trail due to stress fracture of foot. Headed north while resting it to climb K and head south to see how far I can get before foot gives out if it's gonna. Tried K once and couldn't quite make it. Resting another week and trying again. Fingers crossed.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	630.6 KB 
ID:	31751  
  3. Looking for hiking partner for 2016 thru-hike

Hey everybody! I set myself on a goal to thru-hike the AT next year beginning late February or early March. I'd like to finish within five months the max. If anybody's interested shoot me a message on here or send me a email: [email protected]
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Another gap filled via ultimate slack-packing

As I have noted before, my style of section hiking -- with start & end points determined by ease of access to shuttles within four or five hiking days of safe parking -- often leaves gaps in where I've hiked. Such was the case in the Blacksburg area, where there was 25 miles of trail that I had missed because it was out of reach of both Troutville and Wood's Hole. Blessedly, that distance is what I could easily do in two days of slack packing with Shuttle. Even more blessedly, that part of The ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Sierra Designs Discovery 30

Got this pack as a lightish/smallish auxiliary daypack and/or for my wife (trail name TBD...but I have one in mind that's not approved) to carry as a primary. Got it on closeout from REI for around $80. I've carried it a couple of times and it's cool and comfortable. The belt is very supportive and straps have lots of adjustment. Even has an integrated pop out rain cover.
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	402 
Size:	594.0 KB 
ID:	31693Click image for larger version. 

Views:	379 
Size:	609.9 KB 
ID:	31694