WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Ordered my tent

I have a ZPacks Duplex on the way and that should help with some of the weight issues. I also just received a down quilt that is much lighter than my other bag. I have been breaking in my by mid boots and my trail runners and doing steps while the weather is bad. Organizing my mail drops too. I leave in early May so kind of a late start but must for work. Hope to see you all on the trail.
    Pappy
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Weird, Wonderful You

Quote Originally Posted by marisajane View Post
    2016 hikers! For no deep or meaningful reason, I'm wondering what sort of weird / significant / strange / superstitious /or slightly out there thing you're doing as you prepare for your thru, or will be doing on your thru. I know we're all obsessing over gear & weight & shakedowns & [insert your general anxiety] but this is not what i am asking!

It could be anything out of the ordinary! Do you have a ritual? Are your developing a ritual? Do you have a lucky charm? Or something
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Hike Shuttle Services: Neels Gap, Blairsville, and nearby trailheads

Call for shuttle services: 706-781-3360, or 352-817-2030
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Blood Mountain

Hiked from Vogel to summit of Blood Mtn yesterday. A lot of ice on top 1/3 of mountain, especially at peak. Have now gotten in LeConte (to Icewater Springs), the Unicoi trifecta (Rocky, Tray, and then Rocky again to get back to the car), Blood a number of times, Springer a couple of times. Heading off to Cohutta this Saturday AM for a weekend hike. Excited to start counting down.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 2016 Thru-Hike Registry

Quote Originally Posted by Wool View Post
    Trail Name: NothingYet
    Direction: NOBO

Estimated Start Date : March 10th
    Approach Trail - yes

Ready to go! Good luck everyone and I'll see you out there. Taking my time, deadline of October to finish!

Officially posting start date!

Anyone else starting March 10th? I'll be taking the Amtrak down to Atlanta as well. Hope to see you all out there!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 91 of 596 FirstFirst ... 41 81 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 101 141 191 591 ... LastLast