WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Awesome Blue Blaze near Blackrock Summit, Hut, and Spring - Shenandoah National Park

I'm continuing to creep my way south though SNP on the AT. I might actually get it done this year. LoL. This is one of the better hikes along the Appalachian Trail I've had in Shenandoah National Park (at least everywhere North of here). The blue blaze loop around the falls is well worth it! Starting at the Doyles River Trail parking lot at Skyline Drive mile post 81.1, I followed the Doyles River Falls Trail south past the upper and lower Doyles ...

Updated 11-23-2017 at 10:14 by Kaptainkriz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. SNP Ridge Runner Blissful's Unsolicited and Ill-Informed Opinion

On 04 July, while descending from Mary’s Rock in the SNP, Jax Dad encountered ridge runner Ms. Bliss. Following mutual greetings of “Happy Fourth of July”, she commented on his red, white and blue equipment/garb and proceeded to examine his gear from a distance of several feet. A discussion then ensued about his trail experience to date. In that discussion Jax Dad remarked that he found the hike pure drudgery; it was one step after another with little opportunity to observe more than where the next ...

Updated 03-09-2019 at 10:11 by MadRanger

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. AT Year 8 Section Hike - Swatara Gap, PA to Bear Mountain-Harriman SP, New York

Here is a link to my hiking blog, and my most recent AT section hiking adventure. (202 Miles)

I appreciate any additional blog followers, comments, and/or suggestions. Happy Trails. 'Triple M...MMM'

http://tbmmoe.blogspot.com/p/at-year-8.html
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. More ultimate slackpacking

My style of doing The Trail -- about which I have spoken several times -- inevitably leads to a few gaps in the miles I have hiked over. Specifically, I have missed about thirty miles of the A.T. just north of Damascus. Fortunately, my "Free Shuttle, With Benefits"
    http://tinyurl.com/Shuttle2017
    had a few days off during her university's fall semester break. Thus, we went down to that area for R&R, and completion of my miles.

I can hardly call it backpacking ...

Updated 10-13-2017 at 16:49 by GoldenBear (Better photo)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Get your Zen on! South River Falls - SNP AT

Page 45 of 596 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 95 145 545 ... LastLast