WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. March 7, 2021, 3:27 am

Brad's son, PJ, Brad and I had a great meal last night at a pub in Elijah, GA. We went to our hotel and settled in for the night. I woke up about 15 minutes ago and haven't been able to go to sleep again. Too much anticipation! I'm anxious to get started and also fearful of the unknown. But I'm ready to move forward and do my best.

Brad and I spoke to Joe Freeman last night. Joe is a high school friend who may join us at some point on the trail, most likely New Hampshire, Maine, or ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. It Begins

At long last, final preparations are being made for my Appalachian Trail journey! I’ll fly to Atlanta, GA on Monday, 3/15/21. After a night there, I’ve got a shuttle arranged with Ron Brown, who will take me to Amicalola Falls State Park. The plan is to have him drop me at the arch where the Approach Trail starts. After climbing the 600+ stairs up the falls, I’ll spend the night at Amicalola Falls Lodge before continuing on up the Approach Trail on the 17th. Depending on how I’m feeling when ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Welcome to my blog

Our journey begins in a few days, on March 7th. If you don't know anything about thru hiking the Appalachian Trail, it is 2,190 miles long. A person can either start at Springer Mountain in Georgia or at Mt. Katahdin in Maine. Or any place in between, as long as you the complete the entire trail. There is no wrong way to start. We will be starting at Springer Mountain in Georgia. We anticipate that the trip will take us from 5 to 6 months or more.

Why thru hike the AT? Three people ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5