WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Best prepaid cellphone for use on the AT.

I HAVE NEVER HIKED WITH A CELLPHONE PREVIOUSLY, BUT I HAVE DECIDED TO HIKE WITH ONE THIS TIME.

MY QUESTION IS: WHAT IS THE BEST PREPAID CELLPHONE TO BE ABLE TO GET
    A SIGNAL ON THE A.T.?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN THIS MATTER.

PHILIPPINEWANDERER
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Winter AT

Hiked Crawfords Path to Mt Washington 1/23/10 beautiful warm up hike!!!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mt washington hike 1 -23-10 057.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	614.0 KB 
ID:	11071   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mt washington hike 1 -23-10 055.jpg 
Views:	410 
Size:	594.0 KB 
ID:	11072  
  3. Dreams

Dreams
    We all have them. Some are just a mere thought for a small segment in your life. Some are there for a longer time, some are forgotten. Than there is that ONE…. Just One dream that never goes away. It stays with you like the heat on a hot summer day. Like the cold on the coldest winter night, like the blue sky on a clear day. This is that Dream that One, you know that ONE that has not left your mind. Let this be the Best Dream ever come true. On the 11th day of March 2010 I will follow ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Final notice responce

Well, I gave my notice at work yesterday. It went something like this.

This is my unofficial notice. My last day at work will be 26 Feb. My official notice will commence on 15 Feb.

They told me today that it had to be an official letter to the company. Can you believe that? I was try to be nice and give them a month notice and they have to come back and say that is not good enough. Maybe I should just give them the official letter on 25 Feb, the day before my last ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  5. Questions from the class of 2020.....

Personally I like your thinking. We own an RV a nice one in fact a 34' pusher. My wife doesn't drive it and doesn't want to. So, I'm doing the hike, and she's going to meet me periodically for a long weekend, and to resupply. I'm hiking this year. She'll pick me up in the car we'll motel it, and she'll drop me off back at the trail head.

Based on the research I've done, You could probably do ok in the North East, but you'd have to camp your way through the 100 mile wilderness ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized