WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Wondering why people start in February

I spent the morning redoing my mail drop listing and reading through some journals. After reading some of the journals and seeing that there are more people starting their thru in February than I realized. This had me baffled and wondering.

1. Are these people leaving in February because they are anxious to start and do not want to put it off any longer than that have to?
    2. Have they done there research?
      Do they realize the colder weather they are going to run into?
    3. Are they
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  2. Another Resource

Well it seems like I have another resource here. I am not very good with computers and as I learn more about them I will write more. I have about 8 weeks until I will be on the trail. Trying to take care of all the last minute things here at home...like taxes. Look forward to meeting you all on the trail as you pass me...turtles cross the finish line too. After years in the military I want this to be an enjoyable journey and not another mission. I have always wanted to hike the AT and now that I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Much to do, anxious...

Introductions: I am an experienced although rusty 3-season hiker, and fitter than I have been in two decades. I haven't settled on a start date, and I have yet to purchase some key gear, but WOW has gear improved in the meantime!!! I will be carrying far less weight for more amenities. I worry about the durability of the new stuff, it all seems a bit fragile. And I'm kinda thrilled at the frequency of resupply points on the AT. Not at all like the 10-day stretches we used to do out west when I was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Random thoughts

Just thought I would share some random thoughts with all of you.

I am really looking forward to getting out on the Appalachian Trail for this journey. I have wanted to do this for eight years now. I need it more now than ever. I get three weeks of vacation from the company I work for now. I usually take a week at a time and stagger them throughout the year. One week at a time is just not enough to get away and relax and get your mind at ease. It seems just when you start getting ...
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  5. florida trail start in february 2010

anyone interested in hiking the florida trail starting next month hiking north from big
    cyress national forest. if so let's get together, cutty
    Categories
    Uncategorized