WhiteBlaze Pages
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
$10 for printed copy(paperback). $6 for interactive PDF. $2 for printable PDF.
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Sunday, May 2, 2021, 7:55 pm

Got an early start this morning, hitting the trail at 7:30 am. Was only doing 12.4 miles today, one of my lesser days lately. Did well for the first hour and a half until I hit Whitetop Mountain. The trail was covered with rocks, both loose and protruding. Plus it was about 2,000 feet of "up." I had to go slow.

There were two trail magics today, my first since I've been back on the trail. One was at Whitetop Mountain. A couple who hiked last year had cookies, fruit, water, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. May 1, 2021, 8:05 pm

Left Crazy Larry's Hostel this morning at about 8:25 am. My stay at his hostel was very good. He treated me and the other guests very well. He has a mixed reputation but I found him to be hard working and eager to make people happy. He cooked breakfast for us each of the two mornings that I stayed. morning I wasn't hungry at all and didn't eat lunch until 1 pm.

The hike today was 16 miles. There were a couple of relatively small mountains but nothing serious. We parelelled a bike ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Day 69: Zero Day at Angels Rest

Taking a zero today at Angels Rest in Pearisburg. Tried to get my second COVID shot, but they wouldnít let me get it one day early and they are closed tomorrow for Memorial Day. So Iíll have to coordinate that in Daleville. Watched Jurassic Park and chilled around the hostel all day.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day 68: Easy day to Angelís Rest Hiker Haven

Today is only 11 miles to Pearisburg. Itís flat and mostly downhill. Woods Hole served breakfast at 8am, so we were on trail by 9am. I felt good and the terrain was easy, so I powered through and made it to Pearisburg by 2pm. Checked into the bunk room and got settled in. The Food Lion is in walking distance, so resupplied for my zero tomorrow. Angelís Rest offers a 20 mile slack pack that I think we will do Monday after our zero.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C0B7468F-5E2F-4998-9402-26843AD0B2F4.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	48292
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Day 67: Race to Woods Hole Hostel

Today itís suppose to rain all day, but thunderstorms could roll in this afternoon so I donít want to dilly dally. We have 15 miles and a good climb today. Breakfast isnít served until 8am and after last nights amazing dinner Iím not skipping out on that. Got on trail at 9am with just a light drizzle that lasted most of the morning. Twinkle Toes, who I am hiking with today, said a thunderstorm was headed our way and to get moving. He was successful in freaking me out, but it just rained a little ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 590 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 505 ... LastLast