WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Dirk's Rambles

March 7, 2021, 3:27 am

Rate this Entry
Brad's son, PJ, Brad and I had a great meal last night at a pub in Elijah, GA. We went to our hotel and settled in for the night. I woke up about 15 minutes ago and haven't been able to go to sleep again. Too much anticipation! I'm anxious to get started and also fearful of the unknown. But I'm ready to move forward and do my best.

Brad and I spoke to Joe Freeman last night. Joe is a high school friend who may join us at some point on the trail, most likely New Hampshire, Maine, or for both. We are both looking forward to hiking with Joe again, as we did three summers ago in Colorado. I also spoke yesterday to Tim Geary, a friend of Jim Antoniono's. He is starting the trail in about 10 days. He is 75 years old. He lost his wife last year to an illness. While she was in the hospital, she suggested that he walk the trail, so he is doing it in her memory. It was inspirational to speak with him. Theresa and I also spoke to our son Brett in the parking lot where we parted. Brett hiked the trail in 2008, also a great inspiration to me.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized