WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. With Apologies to the Pointer Sister.....

WE'RE SO EXCITED!
    WE JUST CAN'T HIDE IT!
    WE'RE ABOUT TO TAKE A HIKE AND WE THINK WE LIKE IT!

We're off to PA to finish what we started in April, and with the help of Junker, we'll be slack-packin' fools all the way to the Half Gallon Challenge! Leaving all that pack weight behind leaves room for our Magic Bags, so we're hoping to bump into many other hikers so Snacktime can deliver his goodies personally!

This is our last hike of the school year, and likely ...

Updated 06-13-2013 at 00:03 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. hey uturn

Uturn if u find this message give me a call. I lost your contact info and all my AT contacts when I got my new phone. Hope all is well. Peace.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Time to Start

Completed the first section hike in Georgia with friends this past Friday, We made the hike from Unicoi Gap to Deep Gap in N.C. Had a blast. in spite of the rain, and look forward to doing the next section. Thanks to the guys for the invite, and getting me out of the A.T. books and onto the trail, enough study, time to hike!!!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Week 1

Day 1: Springer Mountain to Hawk Mountain 8.6 miles
    Made good time and the rain held off till about 2. Walked an hour in the rain to find the shelter packed full. Squeezed in, intending to head on once the rain stopped. Decided to stay when I realized it was 8 more miles to the next shelter and it would likely be crowded too. Slept great and met some good people. Traded a shot of whiskey for a beer.
    Day 2: Hawk mountain to Gooch Shelter
    had a hell of a time repacking my bag and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Hiking with out changing gear.

Need some advice for those of you who have done a thru-hike. I am planning my hike now and was wondering if it was feasible to hike the whole trail with the same gear that I start with, meaning not changing sleeping bag or clothes, just packing and taking what I need from the start. Has anyone ever done this before.....Thanks for your comments.
    Categories
    Uncategorized