WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Appalachian Trail Journal Entry #6 – Weight Loss / Health

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	270554_126449444172981_1090295418_n.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	19755

In my last journal entry,I ranted about some of the negative comments out there so far. Well,let me go ahead and speak a little bit more about my health and size.Before I do however, let me say the following: I am not scared ofthis trail and WILL NOT QUIT! Blind people and cancer patients havewalked this trail, so I am not going to let something small like alittle fat stop me because things are “uncomfortable”. With allof that being said, I will speak openly ...
  2. Appalachian Trail Journal Entry #5 – Guest Book/Comments

Name:	544854_130487317102527_1268862724_n.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	19754

Now, ever since I began creating online journals and sites leading into my decision to hiking the Appalachian Trail with my son, I have had a variety of replies. With that being said, I am going to go over a few of them and respond the only way I know how....with the truth. In terms of my family or friends, most of them does not even know yet, so they haven't had much of a chance to say anything. My wife surprisingly seems pretty supportive of this journey. ...
  3. Hike Thru? well maybe

I got the fever. It started back up about this time last year. It was in remission for over 20 years and then with just a visit to an outdoor sporting good store it started back up. I left the store with a book and one book turned into 7-8 books. So after purchasing my backpack, a sleeping bag, and Santa bringing many other items I am nearly ready to start my hike. However, I don't think those 20 year old guidebooks and maps will be useful now.

Will it be a long walk in the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Hike Thru? well maybe

I got the fever. It started back up about this time last year. It was in remission for over 20 years and then with just a visit to an outdoor sporting good store it started back up. I left the store with a book and one book turned into 7-8 books. So after purchasing my backpack, a sleeping bag, and Santa bringing many other items I am nearly ready to start my hike. However, I don't think those 20 year old guidebooks and maps will be useful now.

Will it be a long walk in the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Appalachian Trail Journal Entry #4 – Sex/Relationships on the Trail

Name:	532192_130508097100449_186726885_n.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	19752
    Today was a sh**ty day in terms of preparation for the trail. I have been doing some serious research of course in terms of my preparation. A lot of my research is coming from watching You Tube videos of other people's entire journey and advice. Well, today we were watching a set of the videos and then one guy (entitypub/August) began talking about “Trail Relationships”. Damnit, did this start an issue in my household. The guy that I was watching began talking ...