WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Sunny Presidentials and Foggy Franconia

Sept 4-Sunday. Got up and cooked breakfast in the dark. My belly was so full I decided to let it settle before starting so I laid in my hammock and read for an hour. At 6 I broke camp and realized the pole I left by the trail to signal ginger tiger had disappeared. Rats! I tried to hike with one pole for a while but it threw me off balance so I picked up a stick and hiked with that all day. I passed Nathan and got a pic. I passed Tau but I could tell he didn't remember me. I got to osgood campsite ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. What one thing would you change about your AT thru hike beginning? Planning NOBO mile

Quote Originally Posted by capehiker View Post
    I will start slower next time. There can be a feeling of wanting to go hard at the start. More thru hikers than not will echo the same sentiment. The next time I thru hike, I will script my first 12 days to Franklin, NC like this:

Day 1: Springer to Hawk Mtn Shelter
    Day 2: Hawk Mtn to Gooch Mtn Shelter
    Day3: Gooch Mtn to Lance Creek Campground
    Day 4: Lance Creek to Neel Gap (resupply- camp at Bull Gap 1 mile past)
    Day 5: Bull Gap to Low Gap Shelter
    Day
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. September already? Sheesh!!

September 1- wow, it's September. It rained a little overnight and I was, once again, very thankful for my Warbonnet Superfly as I had dry gear and a dry space to pack up. Called out sunrise to everybody at 5:45, some grumbly replies but no faces. I left at 6 and barely walked 20 feet before the rocky outcrop opened up in front of me and I saw the sunrise. Beautiful!! Unfortunately I had some urgent business and needed to get down off the alpine zone ASAP. Even more unfortunately, there was a steep ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. September already? Sheesh!!

duplicate entry :-(

Updated 09-10-2016 at 11:49 by ElizabethClose (duplicate entry)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Buh-bye MAINE!!

Aug 27 sabbath. I slept in, read a bit, sat and soaked up sunshine and talked to people as they wandered through on the way to or from the notch. I heard from one guy that Theresa had gone up old speck instead of taking the mahoosuc trail so she stayed at the campsite again and was on her way today. She got in about 6:00 and we chatted a bit. I had gotten water earlier so I gave her my canteen. She was hooting as she set up her site today. I told her I was going to call her Hooty and she got embarrassed. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 60 of 596 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 110 160 560 ... LastLast