WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Back Home

Well, the trip didn't go as planned and I am back on a temporary stay to hit the doc about the left knee I am hoping is just a twist that a week of PT and a knee brace can help. My hats off to all the people I met on the trail, the guys who got me going, the ones who FROZE with me out there! I hope you are all still going strong, it is brutal out there this year, and the weather is taking no prisoners. Charles and Brian, if you happen to catch this, I hope you managed to press on! Patches, Survivorman ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. N2TW: Appalachian Trail 2013 - Episode #10 (Another Silly Motivation)

3. N2TW: Appalachian Trail 2013 - Episode #9 (Gator's Reasons!)

4. ORS directions, so I don't lose them.

Quote Originally Posted by Another Kevin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    Obviously is working for the 14 year old.....
    Nothing is guaranteed.

With Norovirus, filtration is virtually guaranteed not to work; even for a virus, Norovirus is small. Halogenation works well, so Polar Pure, Micropur, Aqua Mira, or anything along those lines will be quite effective in eliminating it from water. There isn't a lot of literature about UV treatment and Norovirus.

One problem with Norovirus is that if it's a variety that induces really violent
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Still thru-hiking

I know journalling hasn't exactly been my forte lately, but then again, neither has hiking. I kept opening WhiteBlaze, writing a few sentences, and ultimately deleting them and procrastinating. I'm currently in my own bed at home in Virginia, and I couldn't quite bring myself to tell all of you that my hike was over. I hiked out of Gatlinburg a few weeks ago feeling amped up and ready to hike. My left foot had been bothering me a little, but heck- it's the AT. Something always hurts a little. We ...