WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. ^^ountain ^^an Appalachian Trail Maine to Georgia winter thru-hike

^^ountain ^^an

has completed

Appalachian Trail Maine to Georgia winter thru-hike

August 10th 2015 - June 11th 2016

myATguide.com

what next?

Happy Trails!
  2. Its Official! and a Brief introduction

Today I told my boss about my plans to hike the AT in its entirety. I don't know what I really expected but things didn't go as well as I had hoped or as bad as I feared. He was more supportive than I expected while still trying to convince me to put it off a few more years. I am holding onto the part where he said "if it is something you want, then you HAVE to do it." He was referring to the future but April IS the future.

Any way I AM doing this! I told myself a couple years ...

Updated 12-03-2015 at 15:43 by jbmundy87

Categories
    AT Thru
  3. Oh boy I'm actually about to leave...(2-27-14)

Well it has been crazy trying to get ready for my thru hike. My mind is in the right place (what ever that means) and my stuff is all sprawled out and I have checked it over and over again. My last item which was a water proof case for my camera came in the mail today which just completed my pack. I don't have the exact weight of my pack down yet but I'll probably do that tomorrow.

It was really nice talking to my brother on the phone as well and hearing how sweet he thought my whole ...
    Tags: 2014, thru hike Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Suggestions for Senior Thru Hikers

Quote Originally Posted by Coosa View Post
    What I've learned as a Senior Citizen as I prepare for a Pre-Thru Hike ... hiking the North Half of the AT starting next month ...

1- Get your physical and talk to your doctor ... and a Sports Medicine Doctor like I have will do what he must to keep me active ... IE ... Steroid/Novocaine shots in my knees ... After I hike this 'half-a-Thru' he's talking about a referral to an Orthopedist and getting shots that will replace the meniscus missing in my knees. I have arthritis in my knees