WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Accommodations; Blairsville

Six miles from Neels Gap, private bedroom, bath, TV, WiFi. Transportation to and from Trail. Text 352-322-0822 if interested in nice, comfortable place to overnight.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Feb. 11 Sort through gear

I have figured out what I will be doing with my money system finally and I feel secure about it. Only took a hour at the bank.

Tonight I will be going through all my gear and see whats left I need to get and what all I for sure have.

I will probably make a video post of it to show people what I have. It will also help people show what they might want to bring and it will be a reminder of what I brought and what I didn't need at the end.

I'll post a video ...
  3. NO HIKER LEFT BEHIND....Part One

No Hiker Left Behind....

There are strange things done in the winter sun by the folks who lurk the blaze.
    The AT trails could tell some tales to astonish and amaze.
    The New York parks can host queer larks but the queerest they ever did see
    was that night in the dark in Harriman Park when Teacher wrenched her knee.

Now Teacher Jeanne came on the scene of WhiteBlaze one year back
    with Snacktime Ed, a boy she's led through miles of wooded track.

Updated 02-24-2014 at 15:01 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Pre Hike post

T minus 25 days till I start this amazing task. Im nervous, kinda scared, a little anxious but I absolutely can not wait to start. I hope to find some life time wisdom that I can use throughout my entire life and maybe even shed some light on others. The weather is something that is always on my mind.. I have accepted the fact that there is no way to dodge or avoid it. Hell, im pretty sure hiking through terrible weather at different times of the year is kind of the point. If it was sunny all the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Smoky Mountain - weather forecasting website?

Quote Originally Posted by Southeast View Post
    Here are all the links provided so far.
    NOAA website - historical data (HooKooDooKu)
    Intellicast for Great Smoky Mountains - (HooKooDooKu)
    http://www.outragegis.com/weather/grsm/ (Rainman)
    Kevin's post on NOAA 'Higher Summits' or 'Recreation' forecasts (Another Kevin)
    National Weather Service Recreational forecast (direct link to the GSMNP info from Another Kevin)
    www.raysweather.com (Alleghanian Orogeny)

And thanks @lissersmith for giving us the
    Categories
    Uncategorized