WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Golite Eden 2

Quote Originally Posted by randyg45 View Post
    I have a brand-new Golite Eden 2 I don't need. Never been out of the box. Actually, the box has never been out of the box Golite shipped it in. Roomy+ tent, great for tall people. 48" peak height. Excellent ventilation.
    I found it available online for $382, I'll ship it CONUS for $250.

http://www.golite.com/Product/ProdDe...10&mc=&t=&lat=
    Sold Thanks
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. made to the Objective Rally Point. AMELIA COURT HOUSE!!!

Well I made it across the heartland. Left Cheyenne Wy 2:00 am Monday and rolled in to my old friend. Tom's place here in Amelia court house Va at 2 pm Wednesday. Not bad for solo driving in a $250 truck!
    Today I cut the trail just east of Lexington VA on road 60. Strange to think that I will be walking across this in about 2 1/2 months!! Hard to believe that it is happening!!

In the morning I drive over to REI and pick up the last of my gear for the trail.
    Friday ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Breaking in my shoes

Spent this rainy day breaking in my hiking shoes in preparation for my section hike on Friday. Wore my brand new Merrell Refuge all day in a solid rain, crossing lawns, climbing stairs, wading through gutters, slogging through mud and carrying heavy loads. I'm a mailman by trade and I have to say, this is the best my feet have ever felt after a long rainy day. My toes were completely dry all day and my heels only got a little wet as the rainwater wicked from my pants to my socks and gradually down ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 9 March 2011 Packed and Ready

Purchased bus ticket today for $89 to Gainesville, GA to start on 15 March on the approach trail from Amicalola Falls State Park.
    I confirmed all my gear is packed and ready. Final weight for my pack including food and water is 31 pounds. I have no idea what each item weighs and nor do i really care. It seems that there are too many gram counters out there obsessed with weight of their gear. I have what i need and want and no more. Here is what i have for gear:
    Gregory Z65 pack and cover, ...
    Categories
    Quest Status
  5. The end of the beginning is near!

Well the renters are in the house!! By noon today all the touch up work will be done. Given away most of my furniture, sold off 5 vehicle (1truck and a motorcyle left to sell). Meals on wheels will be getting most of my clothes and dishes tomorrow.
    I am leaving nothing in Cheyenne but a rented out house and a few friends.
    So Georgina is on my mind, like that old sweat song, like moon light through the vine....
    Categories
    Uncategorized