WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by g00gle View Post
    I was reading an article on another website (blasphemy!) today and found some real encouraging words for the Class of 2016.

There’s a petty side to human nature that seeks to tear down strong people because we interpret their success as an offense to our own inadequacy. The words of the people who succumb to this have no bearing on you, so don’t let anyone’s arbitrary benchmarks determine your actions. It doesn’t matter if you begin the trail out of shape or without hiking experience.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. 400 Down - 1800 to go!

May 18 - Left Hot Springs by noon. Lovely sunny day. Stopped at Post Office on my way out and decided a deli sandwich might be a good idea. Pickle tasted like heaven! Pretty walk along river and then crazy goat path up the cliff into the burn zone. Hiked through blackened and semi-blackened areas all day-kinda yucky and smelled smoky. Got up to Rich Mtn Fire Tower hoping for sunset pics but fog rolled down the trail as I was hiking up. Camped by Shatterproof, little Beard, big Beard and Counselor. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Starting my first AT Hike, Not-Thru, but section

I had intended on thru hiking this year but my baby brother, and only sibling, died suddenly a year ago March of Pancreatic Cancer and that threw all my plans a-kilter. So, I have a small window of time and decided to do a large section of the AT. I leave this next week. I will begin near Erwin, TN and hike into Virginia at least to the area past the Grayson Highlands, perhaps farther. I have 30 days to get as far as I can. I am going alone. My husband does not like that but he is being as supportive ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. New Blog Post Up - Blog is updated from Springer to Fontana Dam

5. Rainy in the Smokies - but at least no snow!!

April 26 -crossed from GA to NC. Passed friend Lefty and his dog Lucy at Bly Gap. Tood out "Good Feet" insoles at 3pm and feet felt WAY better. Got to Muskrat Shelter at8pm- RedRobin and Hydro were there. Got hammock set up by dark-thirty and there was a hoot owl argument nearby - made me laugh out loud...all alone in my hammock..people must have thought I was a loon - 11 Miles

April 27 - Long climb in rocky streambed -feet were KILLING me. Cool Thunderstorm atop Standing ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 70 of 596 FirstFirst ... 20 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 80 120 170 570 ... LastLast