WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Day 2: A little sore

Slept ok first night on the trail. Sore legs kept waking me up, but was overall comfortable. Morning started off foggy and a little wet, but turned into a beautiful day with the sun coming out. Had lunch next to a pretty waterfall. Made it to Hawk Shelter and meet even more great people. Several people started from Springer today, so our total number grew. Easily over 20 tents here, but plenty of room. It’s suppose to start raining at 4am and continue all day tomorrow. First real day in rain. Wish ...

Updated 03-30-2021 at 15:46 by aklarsen11

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 7 pm

We hit the trail again yesterday in the midst of a steady rain. I found out quickly that my packable Goretex jacket and pants are shot. I got soaked to the bone. I feel fortunate that it wasn't any colder than it was. if it would have been another 5 degrees colder, it could have been a hypothermia situation for me.

We crossed into North Carolina yesterday. Our second state! We also climbed Courthouse Bald, a mountain that stands 4,690 feet, maybe the highest we climbed until today. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized