WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Day 18: Early Start

Kara’s dad gave us a ride to the trail head this morning. He picked us up at 6:45am 😒, but he was so nice to take us and stopped and got us breakfast at McDonalds. 10 mile day to Cold Spring Shelter. Hopefully, the early start will allow me to get a spot in the shelter since it’s suppose to rain tonight and into the morning. It was a beautiful day. Leap frogged with about 7 other hikers all day. Then about a mile before the shelter I ran into the most amazing Trail Magic! They were a group ...

Updated 04-13-2021 at 18:27 by aklarsen11

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Day 17: Attempted Slack Packing

Had another wonderful pancake breakfast at First Baptist Church in Franklin. Today a group of us are planning to slack pack the next 10 miles. It’s suppose to rain, but we should be done before most of it roles through. I was glad to have the opportunity to break in my new boots. It was nice hiking without all the extra weight, however, at mile 2 the rest of the group decided to call it early and get off after 5 miles. I couldn’t argue since they were my ride, but I found not being in charge rather ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ABC8CD5D-9505-4F6D-8BEA-CA67C07AD407.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	47748