WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Day 30: Leaving the Smokies

Today is another big mile day, but it’s mostly downhill. It started to snow a little just as I was leaving the shelter. Today is definitely a keep it moving day and try to get to lower altitude. I was hoping the weather would clear up but it continued to snow. Probably about 2 inches accumulated. I have never hiked in my puffy before because I would be too warm. Today I hiked in my puffy and raincoat the whole day. I was ok as long as I kept moving, but as soon as I stopped for a break it was unpleasant. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Day 29: Big Mile Day

Got up early this morning to make the 8:30am shuttle back to Newfound Gap, but as I was walking down the road a nice couple from Tyler, TX volunteered to give me a ride. Since the shuttle was for only the first 8 hikers I decided to take the hitch. Tried to take it nice and slow since I knew I had quite a few miles to do. I started to feel gassed around mile 5, but just kept eating and taking breaks. Pecks Shelter was at mile 10, but I had heard that it was .75 miles of trail and down a steep hill. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Day 28: Relax & Eat

Slept in this morning. Skipped breakfast since I was still so full from dinner yesterday. All I did was eat, get my resupply and watch tv. A nice relaxing day. Which will be needed since I need to push 15.7 miles tomorrow. 🤦*♀️
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	53A99033-73F5-440E-B1F5-261F5DA1DA69.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	47876
    Categories
    Uncategorized