WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Day 32: Officially 1 Month on Trail

Woke up surprisingly rested. Woke up a couple times in the middle of the night. I think some of the hikers kept the fire going until at least 3am to make sure the bears didn’t come back. Planned to do 13 miles to Walnut Mountain Shelter. However, hit quite the up on my way to Max Patch. I had been warned that NC didn’t do switchbacks and that the trail went straight up. My right knee and a toe on my left foot were aggravating me all morning. After pushing 2 16 mile days back to back I think my body ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Day 31: Keep It Movin

I am very proud that I did not zero today and got back on trail. Today is an easy day, just under 10 miles to Groundhog Creek Shelter. Today was a beautiful day. Wore shorts and tshirt for most of the day. ☀️ Took it nice and easy which was good after the mental block of the Smokies. Now this shelter has a lot of comments about bears getting packs and food bags, but I assume there is safety in numbers. Several of the hikers I started the day with decided to stop there, so I stuck with ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized