WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Day 66: 600 miles!

Woke up rested and ready to get to Weary Feet Hostel. The description said food focused, so I was all in. We have 16 miles of pretty easy terrain. After 6 miles we hit the 600 mile mark!! It’s exciting how the 100 mile markers are coming more frequently. My legs started to feel it about mile 14 or 15, but thankfully we didn’t have much farther at that point. But at the very end I was disappointed when Guthooks (the hiking app that marks the trail) was wrong and we had to hike and extra .5 miles ...

Updated 05-30-2021 at 08:13 by aklarsen11

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Day 65: Good, but late start to the day

Woke up and got ready to head out this morning. The plan is to do 18 miles today, but I’m not sure when we’re getting back to the trail. The hostel owner decided to take the group to Maggie’s Place for breakfast. I’ve heard great things about their food, so I decided to jump on board. Literally. It was a great breakfast. Well worth the late start. It’s 10am already and still not on trail, but oh well. Finally, made it back on trail just after 11am. I got a little frustrated. We would be ready to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Day 64: Ready for a hostel stay

Today we have 12 miles to Mountain Garden Hostel and I am ready for a hostel. I’m hot and smelly. We have a good climb up to Chestnut Knob Shelter the it’s rolling the rest of the way. That was one tough climb. Today I still feel like I don’t have that push to get me uphill, so I’m taking lots of breaks. But hey I’m still moving. I’m glad I’m doing this climb at the being of the day and not the end. Had some great views from the top. From the shelter we have 6 miles to the road, it wasn’t too bad, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day 63: Uneventful Day

Today we have 12 miles to the next shelter. We’ll see what time we get there and whether we want to push further or stop. Today was a pretty uneventful day. I don’t know if it’s the heat and I’m not drinking enough water, but I just don’t feel like I have that extra push and I’m definitely feeling it on the uphills. Made it to the shelter before 3 pm, so we decided to push another 4 miles to Lick Creek Campsite. Nice spot right by the creek.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E0BBDAC2-3EC9-4BCC-A5C3-240251435F67.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	48240
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Day 62: Moving Forward

Got shuttled back to the trail first thing in the morning. We have 15 miles today to get to Davis Path Campsite. I have a heavy pack with 5 days of food. Going slow and steady today with several good breaks. Made it to Atkins, VA around 2:30pm, which was about 11 miles in. Not Sure decided he had gone far enough today with his heel pain and 2 knees decided to stay with him. I’m really ready to start averaging 15 miles each day and I don’t think Not Sure will be there anytime soon, so I think it’s ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast