WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

aklarsen11

1. Day 87: Going with the flow

Slept really well last night, surprisingly. Enjoyed have the camp to myself in the morning. Not worried that I’m slow and the last one in camp or having to be quiet packing up to not disturb the people still sleeping. Today the plan is to do 16 miles to Harper’s Creek Shelter. That gets me part way up a big climb and leaves me 14 miles to the road to get picked up to Waynesboro tomorrow. However, today feels like a slow day with lots of breaks. I ran into Traffic Light and Sasquatch at the next ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Day 86: Stealth Camping for the first time

Nice and slow morning today. We went to the Waffle House next door and had a nice breakfast. Didn’t make it back on trail until 10am. Planned to do 14 miles to the shelter, but make cut it back with how slow I’ve been. There was also trail magic that I hit in the afternoon and took a nice long break. I was impressed by Tree Frog who was cooking peppers on the lid of her stove for her sandwich. I wish I had been more inventive with food on trail, but I always end up getting the same stuff. I’ve been ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Day 85: Zero in Lexington

Had a nice relaxing morning. Definitely feel ready to be done with the trail. When I was in town I use to feel anxious to get back and I definitely did not feel that this time. I thought about zeroing again, but I think it’s best to get to Waynesboro in time for Mary and Brandon’s visit. It will be easier to slack pack around that town. Figured out my resupply and relaxed in the room for the remainder of the day. My leg looks like it’s scabbed up, so I should be good to hike with no risk of infection. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day 84: Mile 800

Leaving Glasgow today and hiking into another town, Lexington. I ran into 2 thru hiker girls yesterday that I have been leap frogging with and one of their husbands is visiting and shutting them around. They offered to take me into Lexington. It will be nice to get a hotel room to myself. Today I have 11 miles mostly downhill and flat. The trail is pretty muddy today after several days of evening storms. Had my first whip out today. Slipped on a slick mud section, fell forward and skinned my right ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Day 83: Slack Pack SOBO back to Glasgow

Today I have a short day of 11 miles from Punchbowl Road back to Glasgow. Start the day of with a climb then it’s all downhill. I don’t know why, but I guess I’ve never been the first one to blaze the trail. I walked through so many freakin spider webs it was ridiculous. Luckily it only last 2 miles then I passed another hiker going NOBO. Made it back to the bridge about 2pm. Got one last dinner at the only restaurant in town. While I was there the storm came in. Raining absolute cats and dogs. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast