View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Non-free Standing tent in the Whites

I am currently thruhiking the AT and am just finishing MA. Someone from NH told me I was going to have trouble using my Zpacks Duplex in the Whites on their tent pads because it is not free standing. I have used it on a wooden tent pad in MA and was able to make it work. I know that Zpacks sells the poles needed to make it free standing but I'd rather not spend $125 for this option and carry the extra weight. Can I get some feedback on using a Duplex on the tent pads in NH/the Presidential range? ...
    Tags: duplex, whites, zpacks Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. March 1, 2020 [3Jul17]

,,, because I like to plan ahead ...

2020 metaphor for fore-sight [?]

I had the pleasure of reading Awol's, Grandma's, and Earl's hiking adventure in '16 (seems so long ago) and got the bug. Then LIFE struck. Now it's almost nine months later and a very good friend brought up the subject: my dream got reignited!

There is plenty of time for me to test some essential gear, learn a few things, start drawing social security, retire from work, then go for a walk. ...

Updated 07-07-2017 at 17:02 by Click (edit)

Tags: 1'", 1 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Recovering from an accident and following your dreams.

First of all let's get my trail name out of the way. I'm sure you've heard duct tape can truly fix everything. I have a roll of duct tape with me everywhere I go. When picking a trail name one of my friends said why don't you just call yourself duct tape. So when I found out that the name "Duct Tape" was already taken I settled with Duck Tape. Oh well...

Now that that's said I can return back to my original topic.

So there I was in North Carolina on a job interview. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Dicky Gap to Damascus Virginia May 6-9 2017

by , 05-11-2017 at 13:37 (Katahdin to Kakadjo Road ME October 3-9, 2018 din)
    AT Dicky Gap to Damascus From Richmond With 2 Mile and Captain Montgomery May 6/5.2-10.2 miles hikingTravel to Mt Rogers Outfitters 4.5 Hrs Cost $55 for 3 hikersTravel to Dicky Gap1 Hr arrival @ noon Dicky Gap VA 650 mile 518.5/3829Hike 1.5 milesLunch at Comer Falls which was full of water! Next was a flat and slightly descending 4.4 miles then Ascend 1350' Iron Mtn 3 miles; descend 2.5 milesThe trail was easy hiking despite the expected rainfall that came at 3pm when we arrived at shelter. We ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Trail Magic - Max Patch - April 15th weekend

Quote Originally Posted by -Rush- View Post
    Trail magic should be magical, not a big festival at a gap or other known area. I don't usually eat their food, but I'll grab a soda or energy drink. If you want to be part of real magic here are a few ideas:

Position yourself with a cooler full of Gatorade at:

- the top of Kelly Knob, Courthouse Bald, or some other ass-kicking climb.
    - down a blue blaze leading to a view that most hikers should see.
    - spell a number combo with rocks/sticks on the ground
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 17 of 565 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 67 117 517 ... LastLast