View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Sedona, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by -Rush- View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerZ View Post
    I'm looking forward to a trip in March to Sedona, unfortunately with a bunch of non hikers. I've done a little research and it seems Bell Rock might be a easy day hike even for them. I'll probably bring my boots in hopes of getting out. I do't think that I'll be able to get my faithful companionStick on the airplane, he'll have to sit this hike out.

Does anybody have any other suggestions for a day hike?
    There are two I recommend for non-hikers.

Palatki -
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Two and a Wake-up

The plan for starting the AT Hike has entered its final stage. Scamper & I hosted Coach and Polka Dot at our home for supper last evening. We had planned on there being at least one other attendee, but W2 opted to withdraw his name from the excursion.

During supper we established a tentative plan for Saturday's start:

1) Scamper and I will pick Polka Dot up at her home at 08:00 and drive to the Amicalola Falls Visitor Center, weigh our packs, sign-in, have the obligatory ...

Updated 02-02-2017 at 16:38 by MadRanger

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 6-7 day section hike NFG to Hot Springs

Quote Originally Posted by -Rush- View Post
    I'm not a fan of Peck's Corner, especially not on my first day in the Smokies. It's about .5 off the trail with no views. I'd personally start at Clingman's Dome.

Clingman's Dome <10.9> Icewater Spring <12.6> TriCorner Knob <15.7> Standing Bear Hostel <13.3> Max Patch (if weather permits) <10.0> Tent Camp <10.0> Hot Springs

As far as other things to enjoy on that section.

AT Mile Markers (From AWOL 2016)
    199 - Clingman's
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 2017 Thru-Hike Registry

Quote Originally Posted by MadRanger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MadRanger View Post
    Trail Name: JAX DAD
    Direction: North
    Start Date: 06 FEB 2017
    Approach Trail: Nope - been there - and over many of the ridges and in sundry creeks in the area.
    https://hikewithjaxdad.wordpress.com/
    Change #1:
    Polka Dot has joined me for the Georgia section.
    Change #2:
    We will leave Amicalola Falls on 04 Feb, vice just me on the 06 Feb. That was her idea; not mine! But there are cogent reasons to add the leg.
    That accelerated departure
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Anker Battery Back

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    The quick charge mode Leo speaks of is a smart mode - In the first few seconds of connecting a charger the phone decides thru a resistive bridge network hidden at the manufactures included charger. I have posted the diagram here in the past. The phone looks to see the data wires shorted, the correct volts/amps for power charging, and resistance. If the phone doesn't see the three things all correct it flags the user with a beep and message and selects the slower 6-8 hour charge instead of the two.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 389 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast